TAN PREP & POST CARE GUIDELINES
1. BEFORE- Make sure to shower, shave, and exfoliate very well before your appointment. Skin must be left clean with no lotion, deodorant, perfume, or make up in order for bronzers to bind to your skin. Waxing needs to be done a couple days prior to spray (this allows time for pores to close and avoids sensitive skin reacting with solution).
2. DURING-When you come in for your Airbrush tanning session, we will walk you back to our private room, secure your belongings, and allow you a few minutes to prepare for your tanning session. After solution is applied, we will remove any excess from your hands, fingernails, and toenails and will allow you a few minutes, or as long as you would like, to check out your new sunless tan in the mirror. Customers may choose to stand in front of a fan to dry or get in our stand-up bed for 3 minutes to bring out the bronzers and dry.
3. AFTER- The first shower after your fresh coat of bronzers needs to be a rinse. No exfoliating or shaving until your 2nd shower. During the initial rinse you will see bronzers wash off, don’t panic! This is NOT your tan. Your skin can only absorb so many bronzers, so what washes off is only the excess color that your skin was not able to take in. Must apply moisturizer twice a day for best results.
- Having a certified airbrush technician apply your sunless tan is very different from stepping into a booth. Uncomfortable being “in the raw” in front of technician? No worries, we got you. You can where whatever you are most comfortable in. Bronzers are not guaranteed to wash out of clothes. If tan lines aren’t your thing, your birthday suit is the best option!
- Having a person apply your spray tan instead of a booth is extremely popular for those people with areas of extra concern, like: uneven tan lines, varicose veins, tattoos, eczema, psoriasis, and more. Unlike a machine, a person is able to see exactly where they are spraying and is able to apply more or less solution where needed.